There is an important date that you should have down on your calendar: November 7. What happens on that day?
For those unfamiliar, Scouting for Food is the annual food collection orchestrated by Second Harvest Food Bank that the Orange County Council participates in. Local Scouts distribute boxes to homes across the county and return to pick up the boxes, now filled with food, one week later. Collected food is distributed to needy families throughout the communities of the Council.
“What can I donate?” Some of the most common items include:
- Non-perishable food items
- Canned protein (tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter)
- Soups & stews (beef stew, chili, meat-based soups)
- 100% fruit juices (all sizes)
- Grains (pasta, whole grain pasta, rice, brown rice, boxed macaroni & cheese)
- Cereals (multi grain, low sugar such as cheerios, cornflakes, raisin bran, grape nuts, oatmeal)
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits
- Hygiene products (diapers, toilet paper, tissues, soap, toothpaste)
The meeting location for the drop off location will be at the LDS Church on 2225 N. Euclid St in Fullerton for the Los Amigos District on November 7 @ 9AM. For more information, please contact our Scouting for Food Representative Greg Woodard at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be another great opportunity for our district to showcase our community support!